Thursday, November 29, 2007

BAKING WITH MOMMY...


I thought that since we have some company coming in the near future that I better get some Christmas baking done or at least started. This morning that was the first thing I was going to do with Blake after the kids went to school. All was going well, we had the cookie dough mixed and I was getting ready to role it out for cutting when I realized that I didn't have a rolling pin...now what do I do? lol So I got creative and used my role of wax paper to roll it out. To my surprise it worked rather well on we go with the cookies! A-A-A-CHOO....yes you guessed it Blake sneezed all over the rolled out dough and we had to throw it out and start all over GRRR!
OK round 2...the cookie dough is rolled out once again but guess what now? No cookie cutters...after some searching around the house I managed to find some play-doh cutters that worked pretty good (cookies are a little on the small side). One batch of cookies is all that got done today and for the next time I think I will just run to the grocery store LOL.
Blake had fun and really so did I so in the end I guess that's all that matters! :0)
Just added to post....Sheila left a comment wondering if Blake left any cookies for everyone else? Yes he did but he licked all the icing off...lol no I'm just kidding but I am the one who eats all these cookies....Just ask my mom about it (right mom? :0) they are almost gone :0(



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad - this summer I made a pie at the trailer only to discover I didn't have a rolling pin! I used one of Brian's water bottles! It did the trick! Did blake leave any cookies for the rest of the kids???? Sheila