Friday, June 6, 2008

BLAKE WAS HAVING A BAD DAY...

Yesterday Matt had the day off from work and we needed to get some prices for the ceiling so we spent the morning at Home Depot. Blake was pretty well behaved during our morning outing but come the afternoon he was completely out of control. We figured since we are considering getting a puppy that we would start looking into the cost of the things we would need for a puppy and this is where Blake decided not to co operate. Anyway we had promised to take them to the park by the water when we were finished but I lost it when Blake hauled off and hit me GRRRRRR We took the other kids to the park and I stayed in the van with Blake. He was NOT happy about that, he had to sit there and watch the kids play. My God it broke my heart but something had to be done. He cried the whole time they were playing and it really hit him when the kids came back to the van to go home. He completely lost it again and screamed and cried, threw his shoes and the list goes on. So as we continued towards home I got Matt to pull into another park and let the kids get out and have more fun. Once again I stayed with Blake explaining to him why he wasn't able to go play with the kids. He was not a happy camper and didn't like me a whole lot at that time. When we got home he went to his room for a bit while we prepared supper then he came down from his room and apologized for not being nice then helped us with supper. I think he now knows I mean business and he can't behave that way anymore.
Now today was the school fair and I was helping with one of the games and I had to take Blake with me. He was pretty well behaved for being there all day so I promised to take him to the park tonight when we pick Matt up at work. I just hope I don't have to do that to him again but I think he learned his lesson last night!
Enjoy the picture slideshow
of the kids
at the park last night along
with
Blake's pouty face!

1 comment:

jenn said...

Sometimes it's so hard being a good mommy. Good for you for sticking to your guns. I know you're heart was breaking.

(((hugs)))