Wednesday, June 11, 2008

DIGGING IN THE DIRT

Yesterday was actually a pretty nice day so I spent the morning outside with Blake. We still have some work to do to the yard before we can set up the pool so I dug up the huge flower bed in the back of the house and dumped the dirt in the corner for the pool. I managed to burn my back and it was a lot more work than I thought it would be but that part is done. All we have to do now is put sod down and we will be good to go. Blake had fun picking out worms as we came across them and this kept him entertained right up until the end. He would find them, put them on a rock then give them a bubble bath then they were placed out in the sun to bake. He thought that was pretty funny! We had a great day :0)



WHAT A WAY TO END THE DAY....

CALL 911!


So for Matt his day started going wrong right from the beginning. He was suppose to go to work for noon but then the phone rang around 8:00am saying that the district manager was there a day earlier than expected. Matt quickly got ready and headed off to work. I finished getting the kids ready for school and continued on with my day. Since this was Matt's night to work he was there until closing at 9:30pm and what a long day it was. Jay had guitar lessons so I had the van and we had stopped in to see Matt while waiting for Jay then continued home and got the kids in bed. Jay is a great help when it comes to picking Matt up at night, I will have the other kids sleeping and he will keep an ear open for then if they wake up and need anything. I was getting ready to pick Matt up and he calls saying not to rush down because there was a fire in the store and he had the fire department there. It was nothing serious! Lots of smoke (the garbage compactor was set on fire) I was sitting patiently waiting to here back from Matt and nothing so I called his cell phone and sat waiting and still no word. I was starting to get worried and all the kids were sleeping so I headed to Zellers. Matt was fine (covered in fire extinguisher dust) the the fire department was blowing the fans through the front door. I checked in with Jay at home and he was fine so I waited for Matt and waited and waited. He had trouble getting the fire panel reset and we finally headed for home after midnight. Jay was still awake and wanted something to eat so we stopped and got him McDonald's. Matt wasn't long going to bed when we got home considering he had to go back early this morning. I didn't go to bed until 3am....I got addicted to the bubble town game on facebook!

Today the kids only had half a day of school so we kept them home to have a nap. We are taking them to the circus after supper and it will go until around 10:30pm then Kohl will have a busy day tomorrow with his class field trip to the wildlife park. I will have pictures for you tomorrow!

I guess that is it for now. No pictures of the puppy yet...hopefully soon! Oh and the renovations are still going on around here, Matt is just putting up the last couple pieces of drywall. It's getting exciting and so close to being finished!

2 comments:

jenn said...

Little boys and worms. They all seem to love thm , don't they?

So, what is this bubble town you speak of??? LOL!!!!

Carrie said...

Bubble town????! LOL Jenn you got me addicted to it and now I cant get it to load on my laptop GRRR