Friday, December 5, 2008

THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY.....

......BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE THE WEEKEND OFF......



What a week this has ended up being. I ended up picking up some extra hours at work this week and that on top of everything else is starting to take its toll on me and I'm sure on Matt as well. But I'm sure after Christmas things will slow down a bit so we will hang in there until then.
The cookie dough order is in and most of it is delivered. Mine is still in the fridge but we are having fun baking cookies, just not the easy way LOL! Wednesday morning I had some fun with Blake baking shortbread cookies but we didn't get them finished...we didn't have all the ingredients needed to make the icing but they got done Thursday before going to work and they were good, the ones I took to work didn't last long at all.

Tonight the boys and Trinity watch the Shrek Christmas movie while I spent some time with Jay baking chocolate chip cookies from his recipe from cooking class at school. They turned out really good and I have to admit that they were better than the ones he made at school. We used milk chocolate chips! :0)




My next day off (or morning off) I will have to get into the fundraising cookie dough with Trinity and Kohl.

Tomorrow evening I work so Matt will be taking Trinity, Kohl and Blake to his staff kids skating and pizza party where they will then have a special visit from Santa! I'm sure Matt will be fine getting the kids ready and that they will have a lot of fun. Now you are probably wondering where Jay will be tomorrow night since I didn't mention him going skating right?????? Well.........................................................................................................................................................
Jay is going out for the evening! Yep he's going out, Matt will drop him off at the Junior high school at 6:45pm, he will then get on the bus with the cadets and will be going to a BALL! You read that right! Jay is going to his first ball with all the other air, sea, and army cadets. They don't have to dress up but they aren't allowed to wear jeans so I bought him a new outfit and think he is going to look some handsome....reminder to self....Jay needs a hair cut LOL anyway I will get some pictures before he leaves tomorrow. Now from what I heard...apparently a girl from cadets asked him to go with her, lucky for me he isn't into dating yet so they will all be going as friends (thank god for that )!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how fast he is growing up!
Ok now that I have just mentioned how fast Jay is growing up here is a funny little thing that happened this afternoon. I wasn't home at lunch time when Jay and Matthew got here but to there surprise I came home not long before they had to be back to school. I figured I would catch them watching the price is right or on the computer but nope, you would never guess?????? The two of them were playing with the kids kitchen center LOL OMG it was too funny, I thought that they would have been embarrassed but they told me all about what they were doing, Jay had his own key the restaurant LOL a drive through window but they had mentioned that there wasn't a lot of food or dishes to use. I mentioned to the boys that Blake had the rest of the kitchen stuff in his toy room and off went Matthew to get some more supplies. After that it hit me that maybe my little Jay isn't growing up too fast at all and that there is still a little boy inside that adult size body LOL

Well that is my week in a nutshell, Hope you all had a great week!

No comments: