Saturday, February 21, 2009

JAYS ANNUAL SKI DAY!

Today was the day that Jay has been waiting for since last February. We went skiing with the Church Youth Group! The weather was great and we had lots of fun (7 hours) on the hills. We braved the chair lift this year and gave the real hills a try. LOL!!!! For a moment I didn't think I was going to survive the trip down.... Jay was in front of me and took a tumble, I then went to sit down to see if he was ok and that is when I ran into trouble....my skies kept going straight with my butt dragging between them, then both my wrist and thumbs got bent back then down went my elbows.....ouch and this is how I was going down the hill.... it felt like my arms were being ripped off at the shoulders and yes it did feel as bad as it sounds if not worse.....finally I came to a stop thanks to my ski falling off. Jay was fine....he took a few rolls down the hill as his skies flew off LOL what a sight we must have been!!!! This fall didn't stop us from skiing we got our skies back on and continued (very slow) down the hill and gave it another try...this time with success!
We left the ski hill at 5pm and we are now home safe and both very sore but had an awesome day! Looking forward to next year and maybe...just maybe we will take everyone else along to ski on the bunny hill....got to start somewhere!


Jay just getting started on the bunny hill waiting for the ok to move onto the hills....
Up the bunny hill he goes....
Jay on his way up the pallet to the smaller hills... he fell off this lift the first time around...the lift bar caught him between the legs and knocked him flat... lol it was too funny!
Finally made it to the top of lower redtail!
around 1:00 we took a break for lunch...chicken strip platter with poutine MMMM!
And then...FINALLY... after lunch Jay wanted to go up the chair lift and try out the bigger hills...oh yeah, he didn't have good luck with this lift for the first time either...he fell getting off and the little guy Ryan that was with us fell with him...Jay said he got Ryan's ski in the butt LOL. What a time we had!

The view from the chair lift as we got closer to the top...it was a 5 minute lift...

Jay just before we left...he was just taking it easy and enjoying one of his last runs.

1 comment:

jenn said...

I wish there was video of the tumble you guys took...it sounds hysterical! (I'm glad you are okay...but it does sound funny) It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I've never been skiing...you're definitely braver than me!