Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A MEETING WITH THE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL AND OTHER UPDATES

I took the kids to school this morning and got to meet with the principal to talk about the fighting issue with Jay at the school. I would say that he wasn't aware at that point of the whole story because after he asked Jay to tell him what happened then talked to me when I told him about Jay having in school suspension and not being able to play the basketball game he was speachless and said that none of what went on yesterday in dealing with the issue should have happened to Jay and that this Brandon kid is still going to be dealt with. I felt so bad that Jay sat in the school office for almost two hours crying for nothing. Tomorrow I go back to meet with the principal and the other kids mother (and the two boys) to dicuss this matter. Hopefully things will be resolved tomorrow but I am still hoping that maybe Brandon will be taken off the school basketball team for the rest of the season. One of the team rules is to keep their grades up and no bullying or fighting. So we will see what comes of this. The most important thing is that Jay will feel more comfortable going to school from here on out. I have also put in a request for Jay to speak with the school guidance councellor, just to leave the door open for him to talk about anything that is bothering him, just to talk in general. The good thing about this councellor is that he will have her again next year at the Junior High School and this will give her a chance to get to know Jay.


One more day then the kids will have 3 days off from school. It will be a nice break!

Oh yeah, I guess I should mention that today the kids brought home their second term report cards. Everyone did really good and I beleive they all showed some improvements. Jay knows that he can still do better and work harder and is determined to show himself , us and his teacher how well he can do on his last report before going into Junior High. I think with Jay going through what he has the last couple of days and seeing how great his teacher has been and given him more repect for her. She really felt for Jay and I could see that it was hurting her as well to see Jay so upset. She might be considered a bitch (excuss my language) of a teacher but she is always there for Jay.


Matt has a visit from his district manager tomorrow so he is at work for a bit getting things cleaned up. This is the first time that I sat down to relax today but I think I am going to shut down the laptop and head off to bed. Matt just called and he's on his way home. Lucky for him I already made the kids lunches. It will be an even earlier morning for everyone so that I can get Matt to work before 7:00am. Trinity has he long night of dance classes tomorrow and should be all set with her new jazz shoes. Hopefully she won't grow out of these ones as fast. They aren't cheap...Jay had a great night at guitar and learned to play Happy Birthday, he can't wait until Trin's party to play.


Oh and more great news. We got our income taxes done yesterday and went shopping with some of the money from our return...guess what we all got?..............................................................................................................................................................

.....................................................................................................................................................................

NEW SOCKS AND UNDIES!

It was so funny! The kids were so excited that it almost felt like Christmas morning. Jay even went on tried on and modeled his new boxers and the kids were comparing what color bottoms that had on their socks. It was hilarious!

Ok I guess that is enough updating for now. No one else has been sick but I think the flu bug will show it ugliness in this house again. :0(

see ya soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie&family....so good to see whats going on in your world.I miss you all and am looking forward to seeing you next week.I am sorry to hear that Jay is still having a hard time with Brandon but hopefully it will all work out for him.Jay is a GREAT kid so I know he will get through this soon.I love Trins video she is relly good at tap.Can't wait to see her dance in person again. love BIRD