Tuesday, February 19, 2008

VALENTINE'S GALA...






















I am so glad that someone reads the newpaper around here LOL. Jay brought this home from school today and very proud to show us...(he reads the newspaper everyday at school and everyday he comes home and sometime throughout the night will say " Today in the newspaper I read that...." I just look at him and laugh and he says " I know mom at least someone reads the paper LOL"


So this how we ended up going to the Hospitals Valentine's Gala...Matt (Zellers) gave a $7000 donation to the hospital and return Rochelle (in the middle- used to work for Matt) gave us two tickets to the gala. Zellers was a major sponsor for the foundation's valentine's gala. We had a great time and the meal was delicious! We purchased to prize balloons for $10 each and later redeemed our prized where Matt won $10 Tim Horton Certificates and I won a 19" flat screen tv with a built in DVD player! What more could I have asked for...ok the $3000 travel voucher would have been nice too but I did get the second biggest prize :0) The kids had a great evening with Heidi our sitter and watched movies and of course played dance revolution. It was definitely a busy day with skiing all day and being at the gala most of the evening but it was nice to finally get out and I had a great time with Jay , we shared some great times and lots of talks throughout the day. I was really nice and to see him so happy and was well worth me going with him!

No comments: