Wednesday, January 21, 2009

WHAT A DAY.......

.......AND IT'S NOT GETTING ANY BETTER.
Ok so again we spent the morning looking for a car/van/SUV, whatever, you get the point. We thought we had narrowed our choices down to getting another van the same as what we already have. We came across a 2008 burgundy van with pretty much the same features as our van only is it was only "fully loaded" not "fully spoiled" like our van. Anyway after taking it for a test drive we weren't overly happy with it, not that there was anything wrong with it, just that we kept comparing it to our van and it just didn't feel right to buy at the time. We took Blake to McDonald's for lunch (that is another story) while we talked over our options again and came to the decision (well at least for now) that since we are buying a second vehicle and already have enough space for everyone in the van, that we will reconsidering the Pontiac Torrent! Yes this is a good thing and we are now both happy to be looking into purchasing a vehicle once again. So hopefully things work out for us in the next couple of weeks and I get my new car, ok not brand new but new to me!

So that was a pretty stressful morning trying to make a pretty important decision. The weather is pretty nice here right now and not too cold so I took advantage of the sun and warmer temperature and cleaned out and vacuumed the van (it really needed it). When I went to the basement to get the shop vac to clean it out, I almost died, I'm not kidding here LOL ( ok I can laugh about it now) as I turned the corner in the dark basement there is was staring me in the face. Last night Matt had hung the life size skeleton from the ceiling. I was not impressed! Anyway I soon got over my scare and headed outside to get the cleaning done and as I reach my hand under the back row seats to clean out the garbage, what did I grab????????? Blake's toy snake. It looked and felt so real. Well that was it for me LOL I cleaned up my things and headed back into the house.
Now let's get back to the McDonald's story.....
Blake has been collecting the Happy Meal toys from "Hotel for Dogs" He HAD the dogs, Friday, Lenny and Juliet. Well Friday has gone missing (found pieces so we know that the dog ate it) and Lenny has run away (not sure it the dog got this one...no evidence to prove her guilty) and Juliet is safe on top of the TV (for now) Today he got Henry and Cooper. While having lunch at the play land McD's Blake was waiting for his lunch and was off playing, he was the only one there so things were quiet! Well what happened. He sent the dogs down the slide but only one came all the way down. When I sent him back through the play park to look for poor Henry he hit his forehead and took a tumble down some stairs. What a BUMP on his head, anyway he is ok now just a nasty goose egg. One of the workers had come in the room to check to make sure it was clean when she saw his head, we explained what had happened and took us to get him another dog. Well lucky for him it was a different dog "Shep" and after he got over the fear of going back into tunnels and slides he ended up finding "Henry" so he ended up with 3 dogs and a bump on the head. What a day!
I think that while the kids are quietly watching Iron Man I am going to stretch out on my bed and have a few minutes to myself before heading out to Trinity's dance class and on the bright side of things..........
I DON'T WORK TONIGHT!

1 comment:

jenn said...

What a day! I'm glad you finally made a decision about a car. You must be breathing easier!

Sorry about your scares...at least I wasn't terrorizing you. I seem to be good at that today, too. lol!