Thursday, March 20, 2008

OFF TO A GOOD START TO THE DAY!

THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN THIS AFTERNOON AT 1:30PM!
(look how clear it is and sunny!)
We got up this morning to a beautiful spring morning! The sun was shining and the temperature was that bad either (enjoy the day while we can...apparently we are expecting freezing rain and rain later on today and this evening). The ice is piling into the water and the ferry boat couldn't get through the ice and they had to get help from the ice breaker. Jay said that they could see it from the staff lounge at school. Today the kids were having occupation day at school and we got them ready for their big day at work LOL Jay plans on being an NBA player when he gets older but I hope he has a back up plan in just case things don't work out for him, Kohl went as the Manager of Zellers ( I wouldn't have expected anything different from him :0) and Trinity was a Pharmacist! She looked very professional.

Kohl - Manager of Zellers!

Trinity - Pharmacist at Zellers!

Jay - NBA player!
So the kids headed off to school and Matt, Blake and Myself headed into Sydney for appointments and shopping for a treadmill before Matt had to be at work. It was a busy morning but it felt like spring was in the air....
....or is it?
We never send the kids to school without making sure that the school can reach us at anytime just in case one of the kids need us. Today my cell phone needed charged so I plugged it into the van and we used Matt's as a back up... Not today we couldn't he ran out of minutes on his phone...not to panic the school has never had to reach us for anything so we would be ok and my phone is charging! 12:45pm my phone is charges and turned on...10 minutes later the phone rings and it is the school principal (OMG what has happened? Who got hurt? I am starting to panic....keep in mind here the sun is still shining but it is starting to sprinkle) he says "Carrie, this is Jack from the school"....worried I reply "hi Jack" He says very kindly"Where are you?" Me " Just dropping Matt of at work at the mall" Jack" Are you aware that the schools have been cancelled and your children are here waiting?" Gulp...Me "Oh my God, I will be right there!"
I couldn't believe it, the weather was beautiful out so why in the heck did they cancel school? I quickly got Matt out of the van and rushed to the school to get the kids. Jack had them ready and at the door. Get this ....I got there just before 1:30 pm and school had been cancelled around 10:30 am. The kids got to hang out with the principal and played basketball and games in the gym and Trinity dances on the stage. He laughed and told me not to worry about it the kids had fun and they were well taken care of. He expected there to be problems with cancelling the school because nobody would be expecting school to be closed. I am just glad that they have such and awesome principal and he made it fun for the kids while waiting.
I WILL NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT HAVING MY CELL PHONE CHARGED AGAIN!
The kids are still laughing at me and will probably never forget me leaving them at school LOL

2 comments:

jenn said...

They looks super cute!!

At least they have an understanding principal, and they had fun while waiting for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a day you had! Good thing you got your cell charged! Poor lil kiddies may be still at school! Haha I'm only kidding!
Amanda